Speeding ticket analysis
The Pioneer Press analyzed 224,915 speeding tickets written by the Minnesota State Patrol over the past 3.5 years to find what the data said about who gets speeding tickets, when they’re written, and how fast drivers have to be going to get them. (Pioneer Press, 8/13/2017)
The collected articles:
- Introduction to the project
- How fast most speeders are going.
- How many more tickets the State Patrol is writing than it used to.
- What time of day drivers are most likely to be ticketed.
- Who gets ticketed most often -- men or women, young or old.
- How aggressively the 45 mph limit on I-35E is enforced.
- How state troopers decide whether to write a ticket.
- Practical data-driven advice to avoid getting tickets.